Monday, May 27, 2013

Pineapple Mango Habanero Preserves

Since my weight loss I have a craving for hot and spicy foods. Not just a little hot and spicy, but really hot with a kick of spice. Jalapeno peppers just were not filling the bill so I graduated to the fiery Habanero pepper. I just hope I don’t have to move up to the ghost chili to get it hot enough for my taste.

Lately I have been perfecting my recipes for fruit and pepper combination preserves/jams and have developed a rather tasty Pineapple Mango Habanero Preserve that is just fantastic on about everything. I love it on a peanut butter sandwich, it is great on brie, goat, and cream cheese; it is also fantastic on grilled meats such as chicken, lamb, beef and pork, as well as, roasted vegetables. The other night I mixed it in with oven roasted Brussels sprouts and roasted garlic and it was fantastic.

I am waiting for cherries to be in season so I can make cherry scotch bonnet pepper preserves.

I will be selling these great preserves at local farmers markets and have a selection of Jams and preserves including: Fresh Blueberry Jam (not hot), Fresh Peach Jam (not hot), Pineapple Mango Habanero Preserves (really hot), Strawberry Habanero Preserves, and Habanero Pepper Jelly.

The markets I will be participating in will be: Jasper Farmers Market, Lee Newton Park (Saturday mornings from 7:30 – 12:00), River Church Farmers Market, 2335 Sixes Road (Tuesday afternoons from 2:00 – 7:00), Waleska Farmers Market, North Cherokee Church, Hwy. 140 and Hwy. 108 (Thursday Afternoons from 4:30 – 7:30). I will post the markets I will be at the beginning of each week so check back to see my market schedule and menu.

You can also order my jams and preserves by emailing me at: chef@pisconeri.com and just tell me what you would like and I will arrange to get it to you. I am in the process of creating an online order form that will be easy to use. I also have great freshly baked muffins, tea breads, rustic Italian bread specialties and more.

Follow me on Twitter @piscochef and receive a 10% discount on my Jellies, Jams, and preserves through the month of June.


No comments :

Post a Comment